A wealth of activities for outdoor science learning.
- Enquiry type – Which of the 5 types of enquiry is used in this lesson?
- Conceptual knowledge – Lesson objectives which support children’s acquisition of knowledge.
- Working scientifically – Lesson objectives which support the development of scientific enquiry skills.
- Assessment – A description of what children meeting the objectives will be able to do.
- Resources needed – What equipment will need to be prepared in advance of the lesson?
- What to do – Ideas for how to structure the lesson.
- Assessment for learning – Formative assessment activities that can take place as part of the lesson; these can be used to inform future teaching.
- Science Capital – Suggested ideas for developing children’s Science Capital as part of the lesson, or as an addition to the lesson.
- Support – Guidance for supporting children who are working below age-related expectations.
- Extension – Guidance for challenging more able children.
- Follow up – Suggested ideas for follow-up lessons.
- Key vocabulary.
The book is supported by a comprehensive Pdf pack of resources and useful links.
Age Range: 5-11 years
Format: Paperback & Pdf download
Author: Helen Spring