‘Exciting attention-grabbing activities to engage and inspire children.’
Look, Think, Talk is an eye-catching book and resource pack is filled with easy to use activities to encourage your children to observe, think and talk. Children will enjoy exploring and extending their ideas through a range of science investigations. All 21 imaginative science activities for children in the book use common household objects. You won’t need any expensive equipment! The Pdf download contains all the printable activity sheets and resources needed for each activity.
There are 21 sections. Each section contains:
- Stimulating science activities for children.
- Guidelines for how to use the activities.
- Suggestions for what the learning outcomes might be.
- How to recognise children’s thinking and learning.
- Illustrations of children’s responses.
- Active Assessment strategies to use as extension activities.
You can click through the images above to see a sample section of the book.
This book makes assessment for learning in science manageable for children. Each of the science activities includes key questions to ask and ways to record evidence of thinking and learning. The Active Assessment extension activities combine learning and assessment in the classroom. This builds on the Active Assessment Science book. It has been adjusted for Key Stage 2 children.
Age Range: 7-12
Format: Paperback, Pdf download & CD-ROM
Authors: Gaynor Weavers