Age Range: 11-16+
Author: ASE Science Laboratory Technicians Committee
Build your own handbook of operating procedures with these ready punched loose-leaf packs.
The guide provides a set of procedures for those working with laboratory glass.
Shrink-wrapped and ready punched packs that you can place in your own A4 ring binder.
1 – Introduction
2 – What is Glass (composition and structure)
3 – Logistics (buying, storing, cleaning, disposing, control and remedial measures)
4 – Some Basic Procedures
• Cutting and flame-polishing glass rod and tubing
• Making a teat pipette
• Making a Pasteur pipette
• Bending glass tubing or rod
• Making stirrers
• ‘Drilling’ a hole in a rubber bung
• Inserting glass tubing (or a thermometer) through a rubber bung
• Blowing a hole in a test tube
• Inserting wire into glass tubing
• Repairing chipped glassware
• Procedure template
5 – Projects
• Making a delivery tube
• Gas preparation equipment