Age Range: Secondary
Author:The Association for Science Education
Enhance your teaching with expert advice and support for Key Stages 3 and 4 Biology from the Teaching Secondary series – the trusted teacher’s guide for NQTs, non-specialists and experienced teachers.
Written in association with ASE, this updated edition provides best practice teaching strategies from academic experts and practising teachers.
– Refresh your subject knowledge, whatever your level of expertise
– Gain strategies for delivering the big ideas of science using suggested teaching sequences
– Engage students and develop their understanding with practical activities for each topic
– Enrich your lessons and extend knowledge beyond the curriculum with enhancement ideas
– Improve key skills with opportunities to introduce mathematics and scientific literacy highlighted throughout
– Support the use of technology with ideas for online tasks, video suggestions and guidance on using cutting-edge software
– Place science in context; this book highlights where you can apply science theory to real-life scenarios, as well as how the content can be used to introduce different STEM careers
Series Editor: Chris Harrison
Biology Editors: Michael Reiss and Mark Winterbottom