Science for Stories is an new, endearing and beautifully illustrated steries for children aged 5-7, which sets the scene for science investigations.
You can now purchase the first 4 books in the Science for Stories as set. The series once comeplete will be a set of 6 books.
- The Lollips’ Den – Ip and Pol are having a terrible time: their den has been destroyed and, try as they might, they can’t find somewhere new to live that’s just right. Can you help them?
- Curriculum link to Uses of Everyday Materials – the suitability of a variety of everyday materials, including wood, metal, plastic, glass, brick, rock, paper and cardboard for particular uses.
- Hoilday on Earth – For as long as he can remember Kered has wanted to visit Earth for a holiday. When he finally arrives he discovers that the weather isn’t at all what he was expecting! Can you help him understand why?
- Curriculum link to Seasonal Changes – how the weather and natural world change through the year.
- Concentrate, Russet! – At the end of the summer, wise old Rudolph teaches the young squirrels how to prepare for the coming winter, but Russet doesn’t pay attention. When winter arrives, will Russet be able to survive?
- Curriculum link to Plants – names and structure of common plants including deciduous and evergreen trees.
- Earth Grass – Sirod dreams of having a soft green lawn to sit on, but the grass seeds she has must be faulty because, despite her best efforts, nothing grows.
- Curriculum link to Plants – how seeds grow into mature plants and the requirements that plants have to grow and stay healthy.
Included with this item is the 1 x paperback copy of each book, 1 x PDF Download of each book and the each book comes with an extensive downloadable resource pack of teacher notes and lesson plans.
The stories do not have satisfactory endings and the characters are left with a problem to solve. After doing some appropriate investigations in science lessons, children will be able to use their knowledge to write a happy ending to the story.
Each book comes with an extensive downloadable resource pack of teacher notes and lesson plans.
|Age Range: 5-7||Format: Paperback + PDF Download|
|Author: Elizabeth Flinn||Illustrator: Hannah Thompson|