Age Range: 11-16+
Author: ASE Science Laboratory Technicians Committee
Build your own handbook of operating procedures with these ready punched loose-leaf packs.
The guide provides a set of procedures for the preparation of solutions. Useful information relevant to you and your workplace can be added.
Shrink-wrapped and ready punched packs that you can place in your own A4 ring binder.
1 – Introduction
2 – Techniques for Preparing Various Solutions
• Preparing 500 cm3 of approximately 0.1 mol dm-3 copper sulphate solution
• Preparing 2 dm3 of approximately 0.1 mol dm-3 sodium thiosulphate solution
• Preparing 2 dm3 of approximately 2 mol dm-3 sodium hydroxide solution
• Preparing 500 cm3 of approximately 0.4 mol dm-3 solution for general laboratory work from a prepared 2 mol dm-3 stock solution
• Preparing 1 dm3 of a 0.1mol dm-3 standard solution for volumetric work from an exactly 2 mol dm-3 solution
• Preparing 2 dm3 of approximately 2 mol dm-3 hydrochloric acid
• Preparing 2 dm3 of approximately 2 mol dm-3 ammonia solution
• Preparing 2 dm3 of approximately 1 mol dm-3 sulfuric acid
• Preparing 250 cm3 of a 0.1 mol dm-3 standard solution of sodium carbonate
• Preparing 250 cm3 of a 0.1 mol dm-3 standard solution of potassium hydrogen phthalate
• Preparing 100 cm3 of 1% (w/v) ‘starch solution’
3 – Carrying out Titration