Age Range: 8 – 12
Format: Resource Pack
Author: Gloria Barnett & Andrew Lamb
The Ocean World Resource Pack has been specifically designed by renowned oceanographer Gloria Barnett to enable teachers to address the issues facing the health of our oceans. Packed full of cross-curricular activities, videos, games, posters, books and of course essential teacher guidance, this box will help your pupils understand, respect, value and help protect our oceans.
Whether you approach the subject as a cross-curricular project or as individual topics for more focused investigation, this pack ensures that you have everything you need to teach about our Ocean with confidence, and encourage your pupils to become environmentally responsible young people.
The box contains:
- Teacher’s notes
- Book ‘The Amazing World Beneath the Waves’
- Posters x 2
- Snap Cards
- Water Cycle Cards
- 8 Activities; Ocean World, Exploring the Deep, The Importance of Water, What lives in the Ocean?, Food Chains, Marine Adaptations, Ocean Habitats, Ocean Pollution
- ‘Ambassador for the Ocean’ Certificate
The FREE downloadable resources are:
- Film Guide
- Film Clips; Corals, Invertebrates, Fish, Reptiles, Birds, Mammals
- Powerpoint files for all 8 activities.
Climate Change – the Critical Role of Oceans book
This book helps you understand the need to keep our oceans healthy and see the essential role atmosphere and oceans play in a healthy life on Earth for all of us.