Enhancing Primary Science – How can other subjects in the primary curriculum enhance the teaching and learning of primary science? The key argument in the book is that children’s learning is enriched through both discrete subject teaching and cross-curricular approaches to the curriculum and that children become more effective learners when they make links between the different subjects.
This book gives helpful insights into why making effective cross-curricular links enriches science and discusses when and how to make effective and authentic links between science and other subjects. Each chapter tackles a particular subject and considers how it can enhance science learning through a variety of approaches and a wealth of ideas for the classroom. Written in a clear, accessible and informative style, this book:
- Includes contributions from a range of expert practitioners
- Provides a good balance between theory and practice
- Includes practical advice and tasks to help develop your confidence and skill in cross-curricular teaching
- Is illustrated with examples of pupils’ voice
Enhancing Primary Science is ideal for students, teachers and schools who wish to adopt a cross-curricular approach to teaching and enhance their primary science curriculum.
- Why Use a Cross-Curricular Approach to Teaching and Learning?
- English Enhancing Science
- Mathematics Enhancing Science
- ICT Enhancing Science
- Geography Enhancing Science
- History Enhancing Science
- Religious Education Enhancing Science
- Art Enhancing Science
- Design and Technology Enhancing Science
- Planning for Cross-Curricular Learning
- Enhancing Primary Science – Developing Expertise
|Age Range: 7-11||Format: Paperback|
|Author:Lois Kelly, Di Stead|