Age Range: 14-16
Author: Adam Hart-Davis
The charismatic Adam Hart-Davis investigates the life and work of five scientists – Faraday, Darwin, Mendel, Mendeleev and Hubble – whose ideas produced great leaps in our scientific understanding.
* How did they make their discoveries?
* Why were their ideas so often resisted?
* And what do their stories tell us about the nature of scientific enquiry?
One of the five programmes, ‘Mendeleev’s Dream’, is a resource to support the OUP 21st Century Science scheme of work for GCSE Additional Science, module C4 Chemical patterns.
Other titles are:
– Faraday’s famous inventions
– Darwin’s evolution
– Mendel and the gene splicers
– Hubble’s expanding universe