Talking, thinking and assessment in mathematics and/or science (for trainee teachers)
Thank you. That makes so much sense. You make taking learners’ ideas into account seem so obvious. (PGCE student, University of Cumbria)
Are you looking for ways to inspire your trainee teachers based on sound research and experience of what transforms teaching and learning? This interactive and engaging course, designed specifically for trainee teachers, helps them to make more sense of teaching and learning in mathematics and science. It offers a range of simple, accessible strategies to get pupils thinking, talking and sharing their ideas. It helps them to make sense of effective teaching and learning and to put it into practice. It builds on recent research into dialogic teaching and assessment for learning, and helps trainee teachers to understand how they can put research into practice in the classroom. The course draws on two of our highly successful projects, Active Assessment and Concept Cartoons.
Resources are available to trainee teachers at a substantial discount to support this course.
On this course you will:
- Gain direct experience of using active learning techniques
- Explore what makes effective teaching
- Learn quick, simple and effective ways to take pupils’ ideas into account in your everyday teaching
- Learn simple ways to engage learners and to develop their understanding
- Understand how to put assessment for learning into practice in a way that is manageable
- Discover small changes that can make a big difference to classroom practice.
Primary and secondary trainee teachers
This course normally lasts a minimum of half a day, but can be for a full day or part of a larger programme. It will be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation rather than ‘off the shelf’.
MATHEMATICS and SCIENCE. It can also have a CROSS CURRICULAR focus.
How to book this course:
Contact Jo Williams, Tel 01270 764314, to dicuss how this course can help to inspire trainee teachers and transform their teaching, and to find out how you can access the special funding arrangements we have for trainee teacher courses.